Can someone please explain to me how it is almost July and how I am going to have a 9 month old baby? Where has the time gone? This year is flying by entirely too fast for me and I need it to slow down. We've had a lot going on the past month with Parks having surgery among other things and one thing that has been a lifesaver for me is easy dinners! I have been making lots of 30 minute meals lately because I just don't have time for much else! I am sure you can relate with kids home from school, vacations, and all of the other busyness that comes with summer. The days are disappearing and dinner time rolls around without any warning leaving your hungry family staring at you wondering what will be on the menu for the night. My Greek chicken pasta salad is going to be one of your new favorite easy meals that will fill up your "people" while keeping it somewhat healthy at the same time!
I happen to be all about a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. They are lifesavers for busy weeks and I have one on hand almost at all times for salads, sandwiches, or easy snacking. This pasta salad gets a protein boost from a rotisserie chicken, because...hello you don't have to cook it, and makes for a complete and healthy meal that can be served for lunch or dinner!
Listen, anytime I can take a short cut in the kitchen I am going to do it, especially when it's hot outside and I can't even think about turning my oven on. You are going to love this pasta salad that you can really make your own by adding or subtracting your favorite ingredients! I couldn't imagine a more perfect dish to take to your July 4th cookout this weekend!
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (skinned, deboned, and chopped or shredded)
- 1/2 Seedless Cucumber (the ones in the wrapper at the store), Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Cut in Half
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Reduced Fat Mayo (Can use full fat mayo or substitute Greek Yogurt)
- 1/3 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Greek Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Dill, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped Fine
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Kalamata Olives (I omitted these because my hubby is not an olive fan)
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil and add a big handful of salt before adding your pasta.
- Add pasta to the water and cook according to the package directions or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet to allow the pasta to cool completely. (A key step to a good pasta salad.)
- Whisk together olive oil, mayo, red wine vinegar, Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled pasta, chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, and feta cheese.
- Pour dressing over the pasta salad and gently toss until all pasta is coated.
- Top with fresh dill and parsley and serve at room temperature or chilled.
Note: This dish will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Doesn't get much easier than this guys and honestly it's so delicious that you will probably end up making some version of it every week!