I wouldn't consider myself a non-computer person, but I also would not consider myself a savvy computer gal. I get by and know how to do the things I know how to do...you know what I mean? Anyway, I have been putting off creating food recipe videos for a while because it is out of my comfort zone, but yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and create my very first video with a super simple recipe that happens to be one of my favorite side dishes! My crispy roasted potatoes are perfect for any night of the week and can be served at breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
If you follow me on Instagram, then you might already know that I worked forever on creating my first video and I am so glad I finally took the plunge! Turns out it the editing is a little challenging right now, but I did it...and I will only get better from here! Just another reminder that even when we are scared to try something new, we totally should because the rewards for doing so are greater than the fear that we had, more times than not.
Anyway, that's my rant about that but more importantly you need these potatoes in your life. They are perfectly crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and seasoned perfectly. I love roasting these for breakfast with fried eggs or serving them at dinner as an easy side with a veggie and a protein!
The recipe doesn't get much easier and I promise your whole family is going to love them!
- 8-10 Small Red Potatoes (you can use yukon gold too)
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil (can sub olive oil, but I find avocado oil makes them crispier)
- 1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice potatoes into one inch pieces and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Toss with oil, salt, and pepper to coat evenly and then spread into one even layer.
- Roast the potatoes for 30-35 minutes on the top rack until golden brown and crispy!