It's Friday and it is raining, like pouring let's just take a nap all day kind of raining. And it looks like it is going to the whole weekend here in Louisiana. If I wasn't already itching for a beach vacation, I am definitely wanting one now. White sands, blue water, tan toes, my man by my side, and a salted and frosty watermelon margarita...
There is good news here y'all, I just so happened to make a batch of watermelon margaritas...a little sunshine on a rainy day in my book. These cocktails should be the official drink of the summer. They are the perfect balance of refreshing, tangy, and sweet with a kick from tequila, which is never a bad thing!
It's perfect for that extra watermelon that you have cut up in the fridge, or if you happen to get a watermelon that isn't perfect when you cut it open, throw it in the blender! This drink doesn't discriminate against imperfections!
A drink to trick you into thinking you are on vacation...a sip of sunny rays! Or if you are somewhere sunny and gorgeous this weekend, I'm jealous, but nevertheless this drink would be perfect poolside or with your toes in the sand!
- 1 Cup of Diced Seedless Watermelon
- 1/2 Cup of Watermelon Ice Cubes (Just freeze that extra watermelon juice at the bottom of your storage container in an ice tray, this helps keep your drink from getting watery as it melts!)
- 1/2 Cup Regular Ice
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 Tbs. Agave Nectar
- 1/2 Cup Silver Tequila
- Pinch of Salt, plus extra for rimming your glass
- The night before or the morning before you want to make the cocktail freeze your extra watermelon juice in an ice tray. This step is actually optional, but it does help keep your drink from becoming too watery as it melts.
- In a blender combine your ice, watermelon ice cubes, diced watermelon, lime juice, agave, tequila, and salt and blend until smooth.
- Take a lime wedge and rub around your cocktail glass then dip into salt (I usually sprinkle kosher salt or sea salt onto a plate and then turn my glass upside down on the plate.)
- Pour your frosty margarita into the glass and sip to your heart's content!
I'm pretty sure that it isn't acceptable to start drinking this early in the morning, so maybe I'll just take a nap instead and dream of being on a beach somewhere with a cocktail in hand.
Cleaning the house can wait...
Happy Friday and Cheers!