Are the weeks flying by in your life? They are for me! Honestly, how is it already May? We have been in Texas for over a month now and the time has disappeared. I feel like it's so easy to stay in our routines day by day and most of the time one day runs into the next before we have stopped to enjoy one single moment. And then weeks pass and months and then another year. I'm exhausted just thinking about it! I have a goal this weekend to press pause and enjoy the moment, and one great way to do it is to drink one of my green tea cucumber coolers!
This drink is the ultimate refresher for the hot days that we have been experiencing and has a spa like flavor, forcing you into a relaxing state! I think we could all use a little force to relax and slow down in life. You with me?
Growing up in the South sweet ice tea is a staple and I can't remember a time that my mom didn't have a pitcher in the fridge. I could drink it by the gallon, but it's also full of sugar and probably not the best thing to drink every single day! I have never kept it in the house myself because I definitely don't need those extra liquid calories, but in the summer there is something about an ice cold drink that isn't water that is nice to have around.
My green tea cucumber cooler is the perfect alternative to the classic sweet tea! It's made with honey instead of sugar, plus you get the antioxidant boost from the green tea that is infused with fresh cucumber and lemon! It's a winning combination that you can feel good about drinking all summer long!
- 4 Cups of Boiling Water
- 2 Green Tea bags
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 Cucumber (peeled and chopped)
- Juice of One Lemon
- Steep your tea bags in your boiling water for about five minutes. Remove bags and add your honey and stir to dissolve.
- Refrigerate the green tea for at least 4 hours until chilled through.
- In a mason jar or cocktail shaker muddle together your cucumber and lemon to combine flavors. Really mash that cucumber to get all the juices out of it!
- Strain the lemon juice and cucumber juice into the green tea and stir to combine.
- Serve over crushed ice and garnish with lots of fresh cucumber and lemon slices!
This drink is so good for you and tastes really amazing too! If you wanted to turn this drink into a "healthy" cocktail, I would be completely okay with you adding a little vodka here. Just sayin'.
Cheers friends, and I hope you take a little time to press pause this weekend...