Summer has arrived guys. The heat is rising and it is HOT out there. Our poor air conditioner hasn't been able to take a break and I wish I could tell it how much this pregnant lady appreciates being able to stay cool. The thought of going to buy a baby pool to put on the back porch for me to sit in, maybe with ice surrounding me, is becoming more and more appealing with each passing day. The only other thing that makes Summer more tolerable is a refreshing cocktail which is totally necessary in order to survive the heat. I'll have to stick to mocktails for now, but for you...for you I bring you the cherry French 75! Perfectly refreshing and summery, and sure to help you forget about your sweat drenched bra.
And don't pretend that you don't know about the sweat drenched bra. It's a thing, and there isn't anything sexy about it. For you guys who probably aren't wearing bras, I'm sure you can still relate! Good thing for you if you are holding one of these cocktails, not only will you forget about your sweltering body, but others around you will too.
If you are a fan of the traditional French 75, then you will love this seasonal take on a classic. Sweet cherries are still in season and I am in the business of making everything I possibly can with them before they disappear on me for another year. They create a perfectly pink cocktail that is pretty enough for any shower that you might be hosting, but simple enough to fix yourself after a long, hot day.
I promise you will love this effervescent cocktail!
- 3 Tablespoons of Cherry Simple Syrup (1/2 Cup Sugar, 1/2 Cup Water, 1/2 Cup Pitted Cherries, bring to a boil and turn off heat. Let sit for 10 minutes and chill.)
- 2 Oz. Gin
- Squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice
- In a cocktail shaker, combine cherry simple syrup, gin, and lemon juice with a couple of ice cubes. Shake for a few seconds.
- Pour into two cocktail glasses and top off with prosecco.
- Garnish with lemon peel and a fresh cherry.
Cheers to trying to stay cool this summer and yummy cocktails!