The weather here in Texas has been very Spring like lately which has been fantastic because we have been soaking up the high seventy degree temperatures almost every day! I am a little fearful of what that means for our summer, but I'll take this window of perfect weather while I can. I am definitely ready to say goodbye to winter's heartier meals and say hello to Spring's fresh and light recipes that make me feel better as a whole! For me this means lots of fresh produce, lean proteins, and breaking out my grill more regularly! You probably are aware by now that I have been known to grill in rainy and cold weather, but there is something so much better about grilling on a sunny and warm evening or afternoon. My grilled chicken Greek salad is my new favorite that I have added into our weekly dinner rotation and you are going to love it too!
I always cringe when I hear people say that healthy food doesn't taste good. That just means you aren't cooking it right! Food that is good for your body doesn't have to lack in the flavor department I can assure you, and this salad is so packed with flavor. Greek food in general is very flavorful and we love it in our house! Making it at home is a healthier alternative to getting takeout and if you love Greek food like we do, you should also check out my chicken shawarma recipe!
As a mom, it can be challenging some days to get food on the table for the family. I have a little one who, unless is sleeping wants my undivided attention and is clinging to my legs like a little koala bear. That means recipes these days need to be fast or be able to be prepped in advance! That's why these healthy grilled chicken Greek salads are so great...you marinate the chicken the night before, throw it on the grill when you are ready to eat and prep all of your salad fixings in the mean time. It's literally a twenty minute dinner and I can assure you that your whole family will love it.
Break out that grill and let's go Greek!
For the Chicken-
- 1 Lb. Chicken Tenders (you can swap chicken breasts too, I just like the quickness of the tenders)
- Juice From One Lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Grill Seasoning (I used Montreal)
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
For the Salad-
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Grape or Campari Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Kalamata Olives, Pitted
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pepperoncini Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Seedless Cucumber
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
For the Vinaigrette-
- 1/4 Cup Olive or Avocado Oil
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Greek Seasoning Blend (you can find several brands that make a yummy one in your regular grocery store, or you can make your own by combining oregano, marjoram, thyme, garlic powder, and black pepper.)
- 1/2 Cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- Juice From One Lemon
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Dill
- 1/4 Cucumber, seeded and peeled
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- Combine the olive oil and spices for the chicken and rub it all over the chicken tenders. Marinate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Combine all tzatziki sauce ingredients and let sit in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Grill chicken tenders for 4-5 minutes on the first side and another 3 minutes on the other side until the chicken tenders are cooked through.
- In the meantime, combine all of the salad ingredients and whisk together vinaigrette.
- When tenders are done cooking, add to the top of the salad and drizzle with greek vinaigrette and some of the tzatziki sauce.
- Serve with whole wheat warm pita on the side. (optional)
This salad is easy peasy, healthy, and delicious! Enjoy!