I don't know about you, but when summer rolls around the last thing that I want to do is use my oven in any capacity. The air conditioner is already running 24/7 to keep the house at a reasonable temperature, and the last thing I want to do is add any heat to the mix! I am all about easy summer salads that I can grill up a protein to pair with it and call it done-so! My spicy peach and corn summer salad is my new obsession because it's spicy, sweet, and full of textures that you are going to love!
I love adding fruit to a salad because it adds just the right amount of sweetness and unique flavor to take your salad to the next level. Not only that, but it also instantly prettifies any bowl of goodness making it a great ingredient to add to any salad you plan on entertaining with! Stone fruits are at their peak in the summertime, so why not use them in all kinds of recipes like my grilled apricot and chicken skewers!
My spicy peach and corn salad would be the perfect dish to take to any summer BBQ or to whip up any night of the week for an easy and healthy salad that will please a crowd. (Just be careful of the jalepeno if you are entertaining with peeps (or kids) who aren't a fan of the spicy!) Either way, you and your family are going to have a new favorite salad of summer!
Make sure to check out my video tutorial over on Instagram!
- 3 White or Yellow Peaches
- 1 Jalepeno, Chopped or Sliced (you can scrape out the seeds to make it less spicy if desired)
- 4 Ears of Fresh Corn, kernels removed
- 1/4 Cup Thinly Sliced Red Onion or Shallot
- 1 English Cucumber, Spiralized or Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar (can sub any vinegar that you prefer here)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- Add peaches, jalepeno, corn kernels, red onion, and cucumber to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper and toss the ingredients to coat well with the vinaigrette.
- Chop fresh basil and sprinkle over top of the salad.
- Serve immediately or chill for up to 4 hours before serving.
I'm telling you this salad couldn't be more simple or more delicious! It screams summertime and you need to make it!